Ralph M. Medjuck Building Halifax, NS
Originally built in 1908, the Ralph M. Medjuck Building is the home of Dalhousie University's School of Architecture and Planning. G.F. Duffs & Co. Ltd. (now part of DSRA) became involved with this building in 2004 with a renovation to the entrance. The following year an investigation into the basement windows was carried out. In 2006, we were back to prepare contract documents and oversee the reconstruction of the parapets. In 2007, we performed a complete assessment of the masonry envelope, which was updated in 2011 and led to the recent two year masonry conservation and window replacement project. The image highlights the difference between the deteriorated windows that were replaced on the right and the new windows which reflect the original widow proportions on the left.