St. John's Anglican Church Port Williams, NS
Built in 1810, St. John's Anglican Church only ever had minor additions and changes made to it. In May 1987, it was declared a Provincial Heritage Property. That same year, G.F. Duffus & Co. Ltd. (now part of DSRA) prepared a preservation plan and recommendations to ensure its longevity. Acting on some of those recommendations, the church committee asked the firm to prepare contract documents for a new foundation and basement. Key to the design was the reuse of the original stone foundation as a veneer to maintain the correct exterior appearance.