Peter Connell NSAA PENG LEED AP
Principal, Managing Director
Peter joined DSRA as a partner in 2008 and became Managing Director in 2010. He has more than twenty five years of professional experience. His underlying strength is the management and direction of complex building projects. Peter draws upon his multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering education and experience to inspire creative solutions to building design problems.
His chief responsibilities include the operational and financial development of the company, quality assurance, and client satisfaction. In the past few years, Peter has focused attention on strengthening the company’s position by attracting and retaining talented individuals who thrive in a collaborative studio environment. DSRA has more than doubled in size since 2008, attracting architects, engineers, designers, technologists and administrators from many parts of the world and has become an exciting and engaging environment within which to work, exchange ideas, and inspire leaders.
Peter grew up in Halifax and enjoys spending time with family and friends. He is a health and fitness enthusiast and avid golfer.
- Dalhousie LeMarchant Mixed Use
- Pictou County Wellness Centre
- Homburg Centre for Heath and Wellness
- Prospect Road Community Centre
- Canada Games Centre
Honours, Awards, Publications
- 2012 Athletic Business - Canada Games Centre
- 2010 Architectural Design Award- Canadian Institute of Steel Construction
- 2010 Steel Inovation Award- Canadian Institure of Steel Construction
- 1994 Henry Adams Award - Dalhousie University
- 1988 Journal of Applied Polymer Science, 35, 1129
Teacher & Lecturing
- 2011 Chilian Geothermal Conference
- 2010 BIM Seminar - ImaginIT Seminar 2010
- 2009 BIM Seminar - Autodesk Seminar 2009
- 2007 Building Systems- Dalhousie School of Architecture
- 2003 PP Week- Dalhousie School of Architecture
- 2000 M1 Studio- Dalhousie School of Architecture
- 1998 B5 Studio - Dalhousie School of Architecture