Peter Connell M.Eng, M.Arch, P.ENG, NSAA, AAPE, AANB, NLAA, LEED® AP
Principal Architect, Managing Director
Peter has been the firm’s leader and Managing Director since 2008. His underlying strength is the design and management of complex building projects. He holds Master degrees in engineering and architecture and draws upon his multi-disciplinary knowledge and experience to inspire and create innovative solutions to challenging building design problems.
Peter has been active in the industry: as a guest lecturerer at the Dalhousie School of Architecture and Engineering; A founding board member of the Atlantic Chapter of the Canada Green Building Council; Past President of the Atlantic Design and Construction Institute; and has sat on numerous committees for the Nova Scotia Architects Association and the Construction Association of Nova Scotia.
Peter enjoys working within an integrated design team to find efficiency in energy, materials, and processes. He worked on many large design-build projects early in his career which helped him form strong collaborative relationships with general contractors and trades. Over the past 12 years he has guided the design and delivery of over $250M worth of major capital projects for government, instutitional, and private sector clients.
- Dalhousie IDEA Building / New Construction / Halifax, NS / 2018 / $30M
- Canada Games Centre / New Construction / Halifax, NS / 2011 / $40M
- Dalhousie LeMarchant Mixed Use / New Construction / Halifax, NS / 2013 / $36M
- Pictou County Wellness Centre / New Construction / New Glasgow, NS / 2012 / $33M
- Saint Mary’s Homburg Centre for Heath and Wellness / New Construction / Halifax, NS / 2012 / $10M
- Prospect Road Community Centre / New Construction / NS / 2010 / $8M