Salah Afifi M.Arch, PMP, LEED® AP
Sal has thirty-three years of professional experience in Architecture with a solid track record of success in leading and executing large and complex projects ranging from educational and cultural projects, to residential, commercial and mixed-use developments. Sal has excellent Architectural design skills as well as project management and design management skills used effectively to direct and guide project teams throughout the design life cycle, conducting quality and constructability reviews to ensure design excellence, value and quality.
Sal’s experience was gained working with world class architecture firms, developing large scale and complex projects, with a commitment for creative, functional & sustainable design, leading the design of projects with construction budgets of more than a Billion dollars throughout the whole design process, starting with programming, concept design up to construction documents, tendering, and contract administration. He is adept at project and design management methodologies, defining project objectives, scope, resources, time schedule and risks in detail and developing robust work plans used to measure progress, execute and control projects with excellent results as well as rescuing troubled projects. As a team leader, he has mentored architects and project managers, lead and directed large distributed and culturally diverse teams working to ensure that projects meet their objectives and attain world class quality.
Sal believes in cooperative design thinking and establishes an open and inspired project environment maintaining positive engagement of a large number of stakeholders. Leveraging technical, contractual, and financial acumen to guide clients, achieve their goals and ensure client expectations are met.
- Starlight Casino, West Edmonton Mall/ Edmonton, AB / 2018 / $68M
- PAAET College Campus/ Kuwait / 2017 / $1300M
- Khiran Mixed use development/ Kuwait / 2016 / $300M
- Sharq Residential Complex / Kuwait / 2015 / $140M
- Kuwait University Administration Facilities / Kuwait / 2014 / $1250M
- Sabah Cultural Center / Kuwait / 2013 / $210M
- Kuwait Investment Authority headquarters tower / Kuwait / 2010 / $420M
- Promenade Mixed Use Development / Kuwait / 2010 / $125M
- Massaleh Residential Complex / Kuwait / 2009 / $105M
- Arraya Office Tower / Kuwait / 2008 / $98M
- Sarah Residential Complex / Kuwait / 2007 / $70M
- KFH Mixed Use Development / Kuwait / 2007 / $100M